Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stung.......

You're not supposed to look up my nose but notice the right cheek (your left!). I was stung by a bee while riding my bike a few weekends ago. Fortunatley, Guy and I were riding together (I am usually alone!) and we were just finishing and heading back to camp. It happened at the Navajo Lake Loop. I was just riding along the dirt road, Guy was ahead of me a 1/4 mile and BAM, I felt a huge bug hit me under the eye. He got stuck between my eye and my glasses. I felt an incredible burn and I stopped as fast as I could so I could pull my sunglasses off without wrecking. By the time I brushed the bee off of my face (he was huge) I had been stung. Guy was watching me flail around, wiping my watering eye and wondering what in the world I was doing. I'm usually just fine but I was making some noise this time so he came back. He pulled a big stinger out from under my eye. It was in a very sensitive spot and hurt badly. I was so glad he was there because I couldn't have seen it to pull it out. I am glad he got it out quickly. I put ice on it right away. It didn't swell for 24 hours and then it just got worse every day for about a week.
work hard, play hard, rider harder. (note to self, dodge big bugs!)

No comments: