Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wet, gray, cloudy, quiet Thanksgiving. All the kids were away all day at in-laws or extended famliy. Guy and I stayed busy around the house all day. I worked on my scrapbooks, Guy did maintenance on the truck and the boat. Not very festive, I know. Then I cooked all afternoon. Everyone gathered around our dinner table at 7p.m. It was a late Thanksgiving dinner but it was better than having it alone. Chanel, Matt, Grant, Taylor and Mersadie were all here. Guy IV was still in NYC having dinner with his aunt Tammy and a fancy restaurant. It felt good to have all the kids around for the evening after a quiet day. I even cooked the turkey right side up this year! Garrett Harrell (Grant's cousin and Taylor's friend)came over and played games with us after dinner. He will be moving to Virginia before Christmas. We enjoyed having him over.
This was a nice moment with Chanel and Guy.Matt, have some pie with your whipping cream!
We were all happy to have time with Grant. He was home for a few days from Logan (USU). We have missed him and look forward to having him home for Christmas break.

work hard, play hard, rider harder.

No comments: