|
|
Hello friends & family,
I am not trying to be pushy or irritating but I have had several requests to send a reminder for the IMBA drive before it ends. The race is less than two weeks away now. For some of you this is the first request, I’m extending my network hoping for better results. (This is the email I sent out, I am now posting it on my blog so all you lurkers can come out from behind your screens!)
So, here it is. If you choose to delete it, no feelings hurt, just please don’t avoid me when you see me. I promise I won’t bring it up!
First, I would like to thank my good friends who have been so supportive. You know who you are, You are AWESOME. THANKS*
Many of you know that I only started Mountain Biking when I met my husband of 8 years now. (Time flies when you’re having fun). He has been my driving force, literally! He encouraged me and pushed me to my limits. My friends have made riding my bike enjoyable. I love having a hobby that serves so many purposes. I get to share a hobby with my husband and family, enjoy time with my friends, make new friends, and get a lot of exercise at the same time. Riding my bike also gives me solo time that keeps me mentally sane.
I want to also bring to your attention that by supporting me in my fundraising efforts for IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) your donations are put to use to build and maintain local trails as well as trails internationally. These are not just limited to Biking, but are usually multi-use trails for hikers and equestrian use also. So if you enjoy spending time outdoors with your family, hiking or riding a horse, you would be supporting an affiliation that would benefit you.
I will be traveling to a remote area in the desert north of Tucson, AZ to race with a team of four women for 24 Hours. This event, the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, is on February 14th. We will This will be my second year participating in this event. I enjoy the training leading up to the race, the feeling of satisfaction afterwards and the camaraderie I have with great teammates. This is not necessarily a race for the win (we are racing against pro riders) but an event to stretch our limits, challenge ourselves and support the sport.
I hope that you will consider supporting us, Team IMBA – Gooseberry Girls. Every dollar counts and it adds up with everyone’s help. A donation of just $5 or $10 dollars would be greatly appreciated and will go to good use.
No matter how small or large, your generous gift will help promote healthy trail-based recreation in the US and will help me reach my personal goal. Thank you for making a tax-deductible contribution to this cause that is so important to me!
Donations of $50 or higher will receive an automatic new IMBA membership, or, for current IMBA members, an extension on your existing membership.
Thanks again,
Chrystal Smith
The photos below are of my teammate in past events, which are some of the same teammates for this event.Cimarron, Kim, Chrystal & DJ
Old Pueblo Team 2009 - Team IMBA - Gooseberry Girls
Cimarron, DJ, Cathleen & Chrystal (photo to be added later)
1 comment:
Chrystal! Where is the post about how you rocked the Old Pueblo and took 4th? I am waiting and waiting but am running out of patience. Priorities girl! I know Spring has Sprung but come on! I wanna see the photo shoot too, in fact Jas has asked me to check your blog 3 times for it now!
Post a Comment