Monday, December 7, 2009

Labor Day in Idaho 2009

 Taylor, Sadie and I went to Idaho to visit my family for Labor Day.  We stopped in Holladay, UT to visit cousins on the way.  We went to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide with Jerrea', Amanda, Josh and Ben.  That was a great time.

 
The next day we drove to Blackfoot and met my mom, (her dog Poppy), Cory & Kristen, and Jesse and his family at the park for a picnic.  The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold, just right.
We enjoyed a  fun day at the park.
We all love Poppy.  It was hard to leave her with my mom!
Cory and Kristen are the lucky ones who eventually got to adopt her.
We played frisbee and softball.  This was a great action photo, and Taylor actually caught the frisbee!

Linda and Poppy

The kids rolled down the steep long hill, that's cheap  entertainment!

I took the kids around Blackfoot and showed them where I grew up.  I also got to visit with a long-time friend and mentor, Colleen Arave.  I love this woman, she is awesome and has had a great influence on my life. 

 At the end of the day we all went to my dad's house in Pocatello and had a BBQ.  It was so nice to see my grandma too (not in the photo).  Next time we will have to plan so all the siblings can be there.
work hard, play hard, rider harder.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Look at you with Colleen!!! Funny...I remember her being taller!! haha She looks fabulous. What an awesome woman she is. A lot of us never would have made it without her!!