On Christmas Eve we invited my cousin, Rob to join us for dinner. Chanel, Taylor and Sadie had to open their Christmas pajamas after dinner.
The best gift we all enjoyed this Christmas was our phone call from Grant. He is serving his mission in Peru and has been out 6 months now. Here is a photo of Chanel and Guy sharing a phone while we all talk to Grant. Christmas just wasn't the same without him but we are grateful that he is doing well and appreciate his good example of obedience.
Mersadie has a love for croutons, not just any crouton, special croutons only restaurants can get. This was one of the top requests on her wish list this year. She was very happy to find a large jar of them under the tree. Who ever thought a teenager could be so easy to please!
It is a rare opportunity that I catch Taylor off guard to get a photo of him. He thinks I take too many pictures or everything and every event and he wants nothing to do with it! Silly him. One of the most treasured gifts I received this year was a handmade card from Taylor. He was locked in my craft room for hours one night and I left him alone because I thought he was just wrapping gifts. He was creating some very thoughtful cards, one for Guy and one for me. The fact that he took so much time to do it was impressive. But what touched me most was the fact that he didn't have any money to buy us a gift and instead of giving up or asking for a loan to frantically buy something we didn't need, he took the time to express his love and gratitude to us. That is a gift I will treasure forever.
Another treasured gift is one that Guy IV (little Guy) sketched for Guy and I. He is so talented and we appreciate the time he put into this thoughtful gift. He sketched and framed a photo of Guy and I together from two separate photographs. He is oozing with talent.
It was fun to have Rob join us for the holidays. He is very helpful when it comes to computers and tv's and stuff like that (just like his dad!). I know Taylor was glad he was here to help get the xbox set up for live play. We all went to see Sherlock Holmes Christmas evening. I don't go see very many movies, but this one I really enjoyed. Sadie was so tired so she gave her ticket to Taylor's friend and stayed home to catch up on some ZZZZ's. When she found out Rachel McAdams was the leading female character she was bummed she passed. Rachel is her favorite actress.
It was fun to have Rob join us for the holidays. He is very helpful when it comes to computers and tv's and stuff like that (just like his dad!). I know Taylor was glad he was here to help get the xbox set up for live play. We all went to see Sherlock Holmes Christmas evening. I don't go see very many movies, but this one I really enjoyed. Sadie was so tired so she gave her ticket to Taylor's friend and stayed home to catch up on some ZZZZ's. When she found out Rachel McAdams was the leading female character she was bummed she passed. Rachel is her favorite actress.
We enjoyed a Very Merry Christmas
work hard, play hard, rider harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment